Re: Look and Feel

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: Look and Feel
Date: 17 Feb 2005 12:37:27 GMT

Philippe C.D. Robert <philippe.robert@gmx.net> wrote:
> On Feb 17, 2005, at 1:06 AM, MJ Ray wrote:
> > <jhclouse@charter.net> wrote:
> >> [...] Look at it this way: the convenience factor should go to
> >> the largest number of people.
> > Dictatorship of the majority?
> You could also call it democracy ... :-)

You can also call needing consensus democracy. Majority rule is not
the only form of democracy.

> BTW I am all for the 'old' NEXTSTEP look. I don't think it looks dated,
> it all depends on the icons IMHO. If they are of a certain quality the
> UI looks just gorgeous.

I think a little bit of colour brightening may need to happen. Are
GNU/Linux screens darker than the NeXT ones? Are LCDs less bright?

One appeal on the icons: please keep hard edges and isometric. I find
the 0.6.3 GWorkspace icons a lot easier to identify than (for example)
Terminal 0.9.4's face-on appicon.

--
MJR/slef
http://mjr.towers.org.uk/