Re: GWorkspace's Tabbed Shelf

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: Re: GWorkspace's Tabbed Shelf
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 18:02:52 +0200

On 2005-02-18 17:30:34 +0200 Quentin Mathé <gnustep-quentin@club-internet.fr>
wrote:

> Le 17 févr. 05, à 14:15, Enrico Sersale a écrit :
>
>> Is somebody using the tabbed shelf? If not I'm going to remove it because
>> it duplicates the features of the Fiend (the GW fiend, I mean) and,
>> moreover, it can't work well with Camaelon because it uses some NSImages to
>> draw the tabs.
>
> I use it, and have plans to probably share the code with the shelf idea I
> drafted for Étoilé, however it should probably better to have it relying on
> NSTabView (would make it compliant with Camaelon), no ?
>
> Quentin.

If you want bigger tabs, you can't rely on NSTabView. Anyway Georg Fleischmann
has sent me a PostScript wrapper that, translated into two functions, should
draw the tabs without the use of images. And this will make the shelf Camaelon
compliant. I'll try it in a few days, when I'll terminate the merging of
Inspector.