Re: It takes a lot of balls....

From: Yves de Champlain
Subject: Re: It takes a lot of balls....
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 07:44:40 -0500

Le 05-02-19, à 01:37, Alex Perez a écrit :

Randi Joseph wrote:
... to tell people who have computers running EVERY type of os with beautiful displays (even mac os x looks good under ultra vnc running from a different os) that their displays are not properly calibrated and the need to adjust it so we can see how beautiful the gnustep gray really is!

It's common knowledge to any graphics professional that gamma on generic PC displays is uncalibrated (by default). That being said, I'm completely in favor of increasing brightness of our default gray in order to compensate for this. I thought this was happening by default for people with uncalibrated displays now...(people who have their composite gamma set to anything other than 1.0 were to have this feature disabled.)

And it's always more in the way things are said that balls are needed or not. I personally don't know about the gamma on my monitor, but I think I would react positively to a prompt saying "Many monitors are not fully callibrated, would you like us to check it for you" or something similar.

But indeed, being compatibe with the default is a good place to start.

yves