Re: NSDefaultOpenDirectory

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: NSDefaultOpenDirectory
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 18:12:03 +0100

Marko Riedel wrote:
--- Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> schrieb:
Marko Riedel wrote:

what version of GUI do I need for NSDocument to honor
NSDefaultOpenDirectory when opening files?

From all I can tell NSDocument in GNUstep does not know about NSDefaultOpenDirectory, but than I cannot find this value anywhere in the Apple AppKit specification. Where do you want to set this value and what would you like to be influenced by it?

Gürkan's live CD sets this value for scheme.app so that when it launches
for the first time and the user tries to open a file, she will see the
examples directory in /usr/share/doc.

If you google for "NSDefaultOpenDirectory," you will see that many Mac OS
X applications honor this setting. In fact GNUstep's NSDocumentController
writes this value in "review unsaved" but it never seems to get read back
in.

I did not find that much references, but I used what I could guess from this few to implement something. It is already in CVS, go ahead and give it a try.

Fred