Re: XML Support & MS Windows & compiling base

From: Marc Brünink
Subject: Re: XML Support & MS Windows & compiling base
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 11:23:45 +0100

On Tuesday, February 22, 2005, at 07:17 PM, Alex Perez wrote:

Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
I have tried a couple of libxml2 binaries on windows, and while gnustep-base was able to build using both of them, applications built using the resulting library failed at runtime with a complaint that entry points in the libxml2 dll were not found.

Richard, I'm pretty sure this is because we're not linking against libxml2 properly at compile time. The six-month-old patch for -make which is in the bugreport system fixes these problems (and several others with specific win32 oddities with the make system) and we are still waiting on an assignment, as I'm sure you recently noticed :(

Hm. I got the same error about the entry point xmlGetWarningDefaultValue. So I tried to add -lxml2 to the compiler flags. Didn't work. How do I link properly against the libxml2? I don't want to apply the patch (probably by hand -> mess around in the sources) as long as I'm not able to compile a working gnustep environment.

Marc