Re: Question about ObjC++ state

From: Mark Mitchell
Subject: Re: Question about ObjC++ state
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 17:30:13 -0800

Mike Stump wrote:
If such a patch were submitted, it would have to go into mainline first anyway, if it proves safe there and people want to propose a version of it for 4.0.x, then I think the RM would have to reevaluate it on its merits and risks and the timing. I don't see the need for the RM to declare at this point what a future decision would be. I suspect that if done well, the RM would entertain allowing it in 4.0.[n+1]; but that is just speculation.

I have it on good authority that the RM agrees with all of the statements above.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC