Re: GNUStep LiveCD: Now what?

From: Gürkan Sengün
Subject: Re: GNUStep LiveCD: Now what?
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 15:17:36 +0100

Miro,

> Thank you for the fast answer and pardon my ignorance and not being more
> specific but after starting the GNUStep LiveCD with all the bells and
> whistles, I expected it to work just the same after hard disk installation
> (I guess I became a bit lazy and spoiled brat using window$ nowadays ;)

Heh, well sorry it didn't work just so, but really it just needs
the /etc/network/interfaces file with these three lines:
auto lo eth0
iface lo inet loopback
iface eth0 inet dhcp

> And yes, I want to do some programming, at least to adapt some utilities I
> wrote long ago on one NeXT Color box :)

That's very cool to hear. What utilities are that? Graphical
applications or tools? I hope you know the nib2gmodel tool if it's
graphical.

> I understand that it's not an easy task to build and maintain such
> distribution. So, I wish to thank you for your effort and time you've put
> in it. Keep the good work!

Thank you. Be assured I will continue this great work, and put together
new versions whenever we get, say 5 more GNUstep applications and/or
a new GNUstep tarball release.

Regards,
Gürkan