Re: MSWindows CVS install problem

From: Marc Brünink
Subject: Re: MSWindows CVS install problem
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 19:13:54 +0100

On Tuesday, Mar 22, 2005, at 13:33 Europe/Berlin, Marko Riedel wrote:

--- Marc Brünink <mbruen@smartsoft.de> wrote:

On Monday, Mar 21, 2005, at 20:44 Europe/Berlin, Marc Brünink wrote:
[...]

a reproduceable error concerning conftest.exe. This error occurs while
the configure script of ffcall checks for the long long type. Actually
the configure script runs through (I just ignored the error pop-ups),
but therefore the make of gnustep-base failed in GSFFCall* (<- cannot
remember the name exactly, but it was line 1004 and it bleated about
va_return_long_long or something like this)
Is someone able to reproduce this error? Does someone have a hint for
me?
[...]

Occured on a MS Windows 2000 SP4 machine.

I got exactly the same error, also on a Windows 2000 machine:

GSFFCallInvocation.m: In function `GSInvocationCallback':
GSFFCallInvocation.m:1003: error: union has no member named `_longlong'
GSFFCallInvocation.m:1004: error: union has no member named `_ulonglong'
GSFFCallInvocation.m:1003: warning: value computed is not used
GSFFCallInvocation.m:1004: warning: value computed is not used
make[2]: *** [shared_obj/GSFFCallInvocation.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [libgnustep-base.all.library.variables] Error 2
make: *** [internal-all] Error 2

If I use the binary installer the ffcall configure runs through without error. Anyway. If you force the configure of ffcall to set long_long=yes its possible to compile GNUstep CVS on a Windows 2000 machine (as Tom pointed out). But the install is not as clean as it looked like. I'm getting errrors while running eg GFractal:

abnormal program termination
objc runtime: cannot find class NSAutoreleasePool

So. Now we have a problem with the objc runtime. gosh! This is no fun! Anyone a clue?

Thanks
Marc