Re: Install gnustep-base standalone

From: Sheldon Gill
Subject: Re: Install gnustep-base standalone
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 09:24:11 +0800

Helge Hess wrote:
Personally I would prefer that gnustep-base evolves into a state so that it can be used for non-GNUstep development (eg no GNUstep.sh, proper integration into Unix/Windows).

Well, now that the pathutilities patch is in the need to source GNUstep.sh at startup has gone so I guess its getting closer to what you want.

I am curious, though, to know what you mean by "proper integration" into Unix and what are the key issues which result in -base not being "properly integrated".

I definitely would like to drop lF once gstep-base is a suitable replacement.

Can you provide the criteria under which -base would be evaluated as suitable?

Regards,
Sheldon