Newbie problem with fonts

From: Diptansu Das
Subject: Newbie problem with fonts
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 20:24:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
  I have become intersted in the GNUstep environment,
so I installed it in a Cygwin environment sometime
back. I have installed make, base, gui and back, along
with gnustep-objc and ffcall. I wanted to use libart
as the backend. Everything compiles nicely, but when i
start even simple applications like the Calculator in
gnustep-examples, I don't see any letters. Even the
menu doesnt have any letters on it. I installed fonts
from a package posted by Alexander Malmberg. After
twiddling with it for hrs, donts suddenly appeared,
for no apparent reason.
  However, today I wanted to recompile the latest
snapshot of gnustep-make, and after i recompiled
everything, the fonts have again disappeared... I
reinstalled all the fonts as I had done before, but
nothing happens....

  I wonder if anybody can help me on this? I used
--prefix=/usr/local/GNUstep as a configuration option
for all packages. Could this be a problem? The font
files are being written onto
/usr/local/GNUstep/Local/Library/Fonts/ .

Cheers,
DD