Re: GNUstep Coding Standard Additions

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: GNUstep Coding Standard Additions
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 17:43:54 -0700

Sheldon Gill wrote:
[snip]
That said, doing so for everything is a big undertaking. To achieve this someone will have to research the calls. I'd be happy to baseline now so that calls are OpenStep, MacOS (panther) or GS current. We can then maintain from there.

Perhaps a new-comer would like to put up their hand to generate a reference table marking all calls as one of the three? Strikes me as a good way to review the API and get familiar with the documentation. Could be a good assignment for students, too. Anyone teach class?

*raises hand* I can do this. I've been meaning to read all the documentation anyways, and here's my excuse to consume large amounts of time doing so for the betterment of the documentation. If I've understood this and other subsequent messages, it seems like there's consensus that these calls should not be marked in ifdef-style and instead be marked using some sort of autogsdoc tag in the actual public header files themselves, using the <standards> tag. Are we in agreement on this? Does the needed functionality currently exist in autogsdoc or does it need to be extended at all before I can start?

It would be nice if someone could write a short list of exactly what they'd like me to do, just so we're completely clear on what is going to be done before I start mucking about with header documentation.

Cheers,
Alex