Re: NSComboBox : how to set the width properly ?

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: NSComboBox : how to set the width properly ?
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 11:47:01 +0200

Quentin Mathé wrote:
Le 21 mai 05, à 16:00, Fred Kiefer a écrit :

In a first step, I would not loop over all the elements, but just return the two control sizes added up.

What do you mean by "all the elements", NSComboBoxCell only includes a text cell and a button cell ?

I was refering to the strings in the combo box. Sorry for not expressing myself clear enough. I will submit a simple version of cellSize and also rewrite the layoutWithComboBoxCell method to increase the width of the window if the scroller gets used instead of decreasing the cell size within the popup. This will still result in an offset between the text in the combo box and the popup, but we seem to need a decision here before we start to change this. One idea would be to have the scroller stand out to the left if it is needed.

Cheers
Fred