GNUstep as its own window manager

From: Pablo Di Noto
Subject: GNUstep as its own window manager
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 18:09:43 -0300

Hi list,

I remember I heard on the list that some work had been done to free
GNUstep from requiring an X window manager. I also remember that it was
part of a bigger project.

I fast checked Etoile an Backbone and could not find references to that
feature.

Is it there somewhere?

I already have a minimalistic GNUstep working (two versions, one based
on uClibC and the other on the usual glibc). I would love to get rid of
a window manager, since it is a single-app scenario and I have to set
the position of every windows anyways.

Thanks for any pointers!

Regards,
///Pablo