BTW

From: Lloyd Dupont
Subject: BTW
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 16:06:22 +1000

I could see there is an update of the libraries (base is now 1.10.3 & GUI is now 0.9.5) but the windows installer hasen't been updated.

what could I do about that?

Tomorrow I might try the following: download the sources, update my installation compiled from source, (try to update to latest GCC as well), recompile. would it be ok?
In case no one knows I'll keep you informed....

BTW reading the website to try to find what has changed: I stumbled many times on this uninformative cryptive description: "Minor bugfixe from MingW report."

How is the 'minority' determined?
For example I'm sure there is some memory corruption with 1.10.1 (leading to regular random crash), could these 'minor' bugfixes, repair my application's crashes? (and why not update the windows installer when the only changes where windows related?)

That makes me think, recently there was a discussion about the importance of the Windows port. Unfortunately I see no one seems to be interested in doing it .... :-( (well all motivated, geek kind of Windows developpers, are doing .NET at the moment, that might be the reason...)