windows debugging tip welcome...

From: Lloyd Dupont
Subject: windows debugging tip welcome...
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 16:28:57 +1000

It's for my .NET binding again!

Since I upgraded to the latest version from CVS... I had much better behavior in general.
However there is a strange new memory corruption somewehere (again.. sigh)

Any tip on how to track such a bug as the following?

I'm stepping in my code, step by step....
(well same bug with a tiny console based pure ObjectiveC sample, fortunately)
Then I call
[myObject someMethod]

I have printed some info on myObject just before, I know for sure it's a MyObject*.

then, when I step, I'm suddenly in
_i_NSCalendarDate_GregorianDate_lastDayOfGregorianMonth_year_

and the next step I have a SIGSEGV
with a backtrace without NSCalendarDate anymore (ni fact I suddenly happend to be in NSButton ??!!?)

Okay,  maybe I should upgrade my CVS again?
will try debug build & that...