Re: question about nsconnection

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: question about nsconnection
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 09:19:21 +0100

On 2005-08-04 00:36:41 +0100 reussandras@gmail.com wrote:

i am trying to implement a client-server thing.
in server, i create a connection with registered name.
in the client, i create a proxyconnection to the
server.
at first run, every thing is ok.
but at the second, i got the following message:
nsgeneralexception: trying to communicate an
invalid proxy
request a NSConnectionDidDieNotification and
release all object to the proxy.

It seem I forget something, but I am unable to
debug my code.
Could somebody give me a clue?
andras

Sounds like your server is trying to use the connection to the first client process after it has died.

As the message suggests, your server code should register to receive NSConnectionDidDieNotifications and should cleanup when it receives them (removing proxies to the dead client proces from wherever it keeps them).