Re: Xft problem on Solaris (was building back)

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Xft problem on Solaris (was building back)
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 08:39:13 -0600

On Aug 25, 2005, at 6:34 AM, Andreas Höschler wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks for the hint, but this did not change a bit:

checking for xft... yes
checking XFT_CFLAGS... -I/usr/openwin/include
checking XFT_LIBS... -R/usr/openwin/lib -L/usr/openwin/lib -lXft -lfontconfig
checking for XftDrawStringUtf8 in -lXft... no

Well, this comes from pkg-config, which is supposed to be the authority on where things are installed, so GNUstep trusts it. Perhaps you should take out pkg-config (from your path, at least) or maybe make sure there is a pkg-config program in /usr/local that knows where the best Xft is. Or perhaps you can figure out how to fool the current pkg-config into finding the correct Xft.

The missing types FT_Library, FT_UInt,... are defined in /usr/local/include/freetype2/freetype/fttypes.h. I have no idea where this file is imported. I tried to add

        #include <fttypes.h>

to Xft.h but this did not make a difference. Hints are greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Do you have freetype-config in your path (I assume in /usr/local/bin or perhaps /usr/local/freetype/bin) - it should point to the correct freetype installation.

fttypes.h is included in freetype.h