Re: Widget rendering in GNUstep

From: Chris Meredith
Subject: Re: Widget rendering in GNUstep
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 09:54:17 -0700

On Sep 15, 2005, at 3:42 AM, Christopher Armstrong wrote:

They are rendered using the Win32 GDI API. This is a native Win32 API,
but not the API used for normal Win32 controls. This means that
everything is drawn using vector "objects" (lines, rectangles, region
filling, font drawing etc), as opposed to native Win32 objects (Buttons,
ComboBoxes, etc). It may be possible to read what font's are rendered,
as I think they use the Window's API instead of something like freetype.
Excellent.  If nothing else, I can at least somewhat get them to read based on that.  Next question: Is each window rendered using a different window class, or is each application given, as far as Windows can tell, a single window with a non-helpful class name such as "GNUSTEP"?  In the case of the former, I can actually "train" the technology I use to recognize NSButtons as "buttons", etc.  The latter ... is workable, but not for the uninitiated.