Re: Problem with static linking against libgnustep-baseadd

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Problem with static linking against libgnustep-baseadd
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 21:49:22 -0600

On Sep 25, 2005, at 4:35 PM, Benoit wrote:

Hi,

I am working on Mac OS X where I have installed libgnustep-baseadd (both the shared and the static version).

When I link my app against the shared version all is ok. But when I link against the static (in order to be able to distribute it to other users without libgnustep installed) the app failed to find methods from libgnustep-baseadd :

*** -[NSCFString stringByTrimmingSpaces]: selector not recognized
2005-09-26 00:18:44.658 WRP[23859] Exception raised during posting of notification. Ignored. exception: *** -[NSCFString stringByTrimmingSpaces]: selector not recognized

Static linking isn't well tested (well, not tested at all). Perhaps try compiling with

make messages=yes

to see what is getting linked in each case (shared and static) to see if there is a difference. What about compiling as a framework and including it with your app?