Re: GNUstep Makefiles (resource specific)

From: Sašo Kiselkov
Subject: Re: GNUstep Makefiles (resource specific)
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 08:56:04 +0200

Quoting Nicola Pero <nicola@brainstorm.co.uk>:

> image = [NSImage imageNamed: @"myIcon"];

Percy, isn't your program by any chance a "tool" (I deduct this from you
mentioning you're utilising SDL, so I guess you're using only Foundation
(gnustep-base))? Because then you won't have an NSImage class in the program
(since it is part of the AppKit). Therefore you should rather use something
like this:

NSString * imageFilename = [[NSBundle mainBundle]
  pathForResource: @"MyImage" ofType: @"png"];

or if you want all the images in your program:

NSArray * allImageFilenames = [[NSBundle mainBundle]
  pathsForResourcesOfType: @"png" inDirectory: nil];

or even better, have a look at the NSBundle class' -pathForResource... methods
and I'm sure you'll find something that fits your needs.

--
Saso