Re: GNUstep on Windows

From: Marc Brünink
Subject: Re: GNUstep on Windows
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 10:47:04 +0200

On Freitag, Okt 21, 2005, at 04:28 Europe/Berlin, Adam Fedor wrote:

On Oct 19, 2005, at 1:32 PM, Stephan Eggermont wrote:

Further:
- The installer puts files in the wrong position, it creates
  c:\GNUstep\Defaults\.GNUstepDefaults and
  c:\GNUstep\Library\Colors\System.clr
  c:\GNUstep\Library\Services\.GNUstepAppList
  c:\GNUstep\Library\Services\.GNUstepServices
when I installed GNUstep to d:\GNUstep

This looks like a problem with the user home directory being incorrect - i.e. these are files that are installed in the users's homdir. However, they should not be installed anyway - they should be created the first time an application in run and make_services is run... Hopefully someone can look into that.

Do I get it right? ~/GNUstep/Library should be created by make_services? Doesn't work on my Linux install either. I'm using a 2 or 3 month old cvs. Actually the font cacher is run but it terminates because it could not find ~/GNUstep/Library.

regards
Marc