Re: [OT, Q] Fast RPC library?

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: [OT, Q] Fast RPC library?
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 20:05:14 +0200

On 22. Okt 2005, at 17:25 Uhr, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
Using XML-RPC (GSXMLRPC from the GNustep base library) I have done high speed stuff on a P4.

10.000 requests per second?

Not sure what you mean by 10K/sec though ... is that data throughput or number of RPCs? If it's number of RPCs, you need to say how many parameters etc you are passing and how big they are etc.

I find it a bit hard to believe that you can do
a) TCP setup / maintenance
b) compliant HTTP parsing / generation
c) compliant XML parsing / generation
d) XML-RPC dispatch
e) actual work
f) misc (logging etc)
in 100ns on either G4 or P4.

Most servers probably can't even do 1ms per request, though this is in the category "I could believe that" :-).

But it would really be necessary to know about the actual request/ response (size, contents, type of client and server, etc).

Greets,
  Helge
--
http://docs.opengroupware.org/Members/helge/