Re: Gorm 1.0.0 news should be submitted to Slashdot

From: Peter Cooper
Subject: Re: Gorm 1.0.0 news should be submitted to Slashdot
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 03:53:48 +1100

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 08:47:31AM -0700, Adam Fedor wrote:

> On Nov 2, 2005, at 8:35 AM, Graham J Lee wrote:
> >also, http://www.gnustep.org/information/progress.html has not been
> >updated in a while, and shows Gorm as being of "beta" quality....
> >

> Actually, I was trying to get rid of that page, as it's not very useful.

Speaking as someone who peeks at other projects, it's nice to see
something like it, even if it's marketing "vapour".

I get a bit of an overview about what the project is working on, and a
very superficial idea of whether the bits I'm interested in are working,
or whether I have to invest a lot of time and effort.

Hand the page to those that are doing marketing for the project, and
it'll continue to do the job ;-)

Peter