Any progress on OSX version?

From: Amorya North
Subject: Any progress on OSX version?
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 00:44:23 +0000

I tried to install Gnustep on OSX a few months back. After spending a week or so endlessly trying different configurations, I gave up. I'm wondering if any more progress has been made.

The ideal solution, of course, would be a binary installer. OSX is currently only one platform (shortly two, but that's still not insurmountable)... once a binary installer has been created, there would be no hassle for anyone installing Gnustep on OSX again!

But failing that, maybe the scripts have got better since I last tried. Has there been any progress on this front? Do we still need to use the FSF version of GCC as opposed to Apple's?

If I could get Gnustep to install on my box, I would start bringing some of my projects onto it. They're probably minority interest things now (i.e. a neural network simulator), but I guess every bit of software helps. I imagine other cocoa developers would do the same... if we had a macos X installer file which installed all the Gnustep backend, along with Gorm, ProjectCentre and a few sample apps, I reckon the amount of apps released for Gnustep would skyrocket!

Amorya