Re: Some GNUstep observations

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: Some GNUstep observations
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 13:56:17 +0100

On 11/16/05, Andreas Höschler <ahoesch@smartsoft.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
> Any new insights regarding this issue? I would dig into that if I had
> to, but I guess some of you guys will spot the responsible code much
> faster, while I would need days for understanding all the related parts.

No, but I just updated to last nights CVS, installed it and ran Gorm.
Gorm popped open and put the ControlsPalette and the Inspector 'on
top' of an xterm. Clicking 'inside' the xterm to activate it (and get
to the title bar to move it out of the way) Gorm completely vanished,
except for the application icon. Double clicking the icon did NOT
activate Gorm again.

I just checked, this is kinda reproducable. Basically the same just
happened with ProjectCenter.

However, it does NOT happen using GNUMail. OTOH, GNUMail's main window
cannot be raised when partially covered by an xterm. You have to
double click the application icon first. Next time the main window
needs to get raised, it will work as usual.

Strange...

--
Chris