Getting started developing software on MS Windows

From: Frode
Subject: Getting started developing software on MS Windows
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 13:27:17 +0100

Hello folks!

I am a beginner and have a few questions. What is the state of GNUstep
on MS Windows? Is it possible to build simple software using GNUstep on
MS Windows?

I'm asking because I consider compiling a simple Cocoa application on MS
Windows using GNUstep and finding it hard to know where to start. I have
build the sample code from the tutors, but when it comes to the menu &
windows sample, only a black (non-native MS Windows) window is shown. I
guess something is wrong, but I don't know where I should start looking.

I manage to build Gorm-1.0.0 and it compiles and installs just fine. But
when I launch it with "openapp Gorm.app", the strange black window
appears again. If I enter ESC, then the application quits.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,
Frode

P.S. Please ignore that other message; I sent to wrong list. :-) D.S.