Re: Getting started developing software on MS Windows

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Getting started developing software on MS Windows
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:31:41 +0000

On 21 Nov 2005, at 09:20, Frode wrote:

I have managed to build the base and gui. I can also build for example
Calculator, but when it comes to running the program exit because
"Improper installation: No language locale found" (and consequently "Did
not find correct version of backend, falling back to std.")

Is there some easy way to come around this? I googled and saw similar
error messages in other situations but there is no definite answer what
really cause it and how to fix it...

The only time I've seen that sort of thing was when two or more versions of the base library had been installed on my system, and I'd ended up running with both linked into the same program. When that happened, I deleted all installed stuff, then installed base, then built/installed gui, then built/installed back, and then built/ installed my applications.