[BUG Investigation]: New revelations!

From: Lloyd Dupont
Subject: [BUG Investigation]: New revelations!
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 12:18:28 +1000

As bug goes it becames increasingly obvious I had to hack GNUstep's source....
when I call [NSApplication sharedApplication]; I get
====
Uncaught exception NSInternalInconsistencyException, reason: NSApplication.m:271 Assertion failed in initialize_gnustep_backend. Unable to find backend back
====

At line 271 the bug mean path (to bundle/framework) is null.
This path is build from  gnustep_backend_framework & gnustep_backend_bundle
which both relies on gnustep_backend_path

With the power of printf debug I discovered that gnustep_backend_path was called 3 times with
Frameworks\GNUstep_back.framework
Bundles\libgnustep-back-010.bundle
Bundles\libgnustep-back.bundle

And that [NSStandardLibraryPaths() objectEnumerator] gives me just one path:
C:/GNUstep/Library

The problem is my clean install / build installed the backend in:
C:\GNUstep\System\Library\Bundles\libgnustep-back-010.bundle

So I should have looked into C:\GNUstep\System\Library as well.

Now I'm going to try to understand why NSPathUtilites.m:1329
NSStandardLibraryPaths()  =>
NSSearchPathForDirectoriesInDomains(NSAllApplicationsDirectory, NSAllDomainsMask, YES);

return only "C:/GNUstep/Library" and not "C:\GNUstep\System\Library" as well.... but that's the root of the bug....