[Bug/Feature request] GNUSTEP_CONFIG_FILE & Make problem

From: Lloyd Dupont
Subject: [Bug/Feature request] GNUSTEP_CONFIG_FILE & Make problem
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 17:30:31 +1000

I was setting GNUSTEP_CONFIG_FILE environment like a mad man but GNUstep was very snug and always kept its default value.

Then (many printf/wprintf later), I discovered/realized that, there is a bug (somewhere) in the GNUstep's make files.
One of them is OVERRIDING the environment variable with the default value.

After that I started my program myself (instead of using "make test") and it worked.

Additionaly it should be mentioned that the problem is 2 fold.
There is still the issue of "OPTION_NO_ENVIRONMENT" being set when compiling NSPathUtilities, hence not using the environment variable at all anyway.

I want to higlight I have a fresh CVS update, I used deault build/install process described here
http://wwwmain.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/User/GNUstep/README.MinGW
and, according to this documentation:
http://www.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/Developer/Base/Reference/
I was expecting the environment variable GNUSTEP_CONFIG_FILE to work out of the box.