Re: strange NSException code

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: strange NSException code
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 13:43:55 +0100

On 12/2/05, Andrew Ruder <aeruder@ksu.edu> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 12:13:17AM +0100, Helge Hess wrote:
> > Of course it would be extraordinarily cool if we would have a
> > coredump catcher like GNOME, Mozilla, Windows, OSX etc which allows
> > the user to send crash reports via mail.
> And on this note, is there any reason that we couldn't make debug
> symbols in the executables by default?   I think this would be very good
> for GNUstep and would probably be a critical part of making this crash
> reporter tool.
[...]

It's relatively easy to dump a stack backtrace to the console,
KFSignalHandler does that if enabled (and activated by a signal that
is being 'watched').

The AppKit frontend, KASignalHandler, already pops open an info panel,
informing the user that something went wrong. Would be simple to add
an additional "Send Bug Report" button.

--
Chris