Antialiasing on Solaris

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Antialiasing on Solaris
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 17:26:36 +0100

Hello,

We draw cirlces with the following code in a drawRect: method.

               [[NSColor redColor] set];
[[NSBezierPath bezierPathWithOvalInRect:NSMakeRect(point.x - 4 , point.y - 4 , 9, 9)] fill]; [[NSBezierPath bezierPathWithOvalInRect:NSMakeRect(point.x - 6 , point.y - 6 , 13, 13)] stroke];

This works on both MacOSX and GNUstep. On MacOSX I get a very pretty circle, on GNustep it rather looks like fly-crud. I suppose antialiasing is not switched on. How can I check that or make sure it gets activated? I am on Solaris 10 and have built back with one of the following configure statements (don't remember which).

        ./configure --enable-graphics=art --with-name=art
        ./configure --enable-graphics=xlib --with-name=xlib
        ./configure

How should I configure back to get antialiasing on Solaris? Moreover the titles of windows in Window Maker look rather ugly (not antialiased). Can this be improved anyhow?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

  Andreas