Re: application automatic startup after user's successfully login

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: application automatic startup after user's successfully login
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 10:06:56 +0100

On 12/22/05, Daniel Chojecki <boka@piekna.pl> wrote:
> Hi !
> This is my first post to this group so hallo to everybody !

Welcome.

> I want to setup something like posted in the subject.
> I have Debian 3.0 installed with xdm.

You can put it in $HOME/.xsession, eg. to fire up GWorkspace upon log
in, try sth like

  #!/bin/sh
  #
  # FILE: $HOME/.xsession

  # exec window manager

  /usr/X11R6/bin/wmaker & wmpid=$!

  # fire up GWorkspace

  if [ -f $GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT/Applications/GWorkspace.app ];
  then
    openapp GWorkspace.app
  fi

  # Now wait for window manager to terminate

  wait $wmpid

  exit 0

Note that this is just a quick 'hack' and you probably already have a
.xsession file that looks different...

--
Chris