Re: Building GNUstep on Solaris x86

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: Building GNUstep on Solaris x86
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 13:52:28 +0100

Hello,

Summary for my own question:

I just tried to build GNUstep on Solaris x86. While buildingbase I get

Making all for bundle SSL...
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `internal-bundle-all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/share/src/core/base/SSL'
Making all in Tools...
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/share/src/core/base/Tools'
Making all for tool autogsdoc...
make[2]: execvp: /opt/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/which_lib: Invalid argument
 Linking tool autogsdoc ...
NSLog                               ./shared_obj/autogsdoc.o
__objc_class_name_GSXMLParser       ./shared_obj/autogsdoc.o
NSSearchPathForDirectoriesInDomains ./shared_obj/autogsdoc.o

Any idea what might cause this problem? Thanks a lot!

Also on Solaris x86 don't forget to set the optimization to -O1 in /opt/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/config.make. -O2 won't work. This solves the problem!

Regards,

  Andreas