NSBundle -pathForResource:ofType: on Windows

From: Björn Giesler
Subject: NSBundle -pathForResource:ofType: on Windows
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 08:29:32 +0100

Hi,

sorry for posting this to discuss-, but my postings to dev- don't seem to go through very well.

I'm *this* close to getting AddressManager running on Windows. For some reason, however, I can't load resources from frameworks. Here's the code:

+ (void) loadResources
{
        NSBundle *b; NSString *filename;
        b = [NSBundle bundleForClass: self];
        NSLog(@"Bundle for %@ is at %@\n", self, b);
        if(b) NSLog(@"...and its path is at %@\n", [b bundlePath];

        filename = [b pathForResource: @"Labels" ofType: @"dict"];
        NSLog(@"Loading labels from %@\n", filename);
        // ...
}

...and the output is

Bundle forADPersonView is at <NSBundle: 12c0f58>
...and its path is at c:/GNUstep/Local/Library/Frameworks/ AddressView.framework

Looking at the sources, they seem to do what they should... Unfortunately, I can't debug into -gui on Windows. Can anyone see what's going on? Resources/Labels.dict exists directly beneath the bundle path, of course, and is readable.

(Replacing the "filename=" line with filename = [[b bundlePath] stringByAppendingString: @"/Resources/Labels.dict"] works, of course, but that isn't what's intended...)

Thanks in Advance,
Björn