Re: NSStream and friends + NSPredicate, NSExpression and others

From: hns
Subject: Re: NSStream and friends + NSPredicate, NSExpression and others
Date: 3 Feb 2006 13:24:37 -0800

hns@computer.org schrieb:

> I am currently also working on that in my efforts to make mySTEP more
> compatible to the 10.4 documentation of Foundation.framework.
>
> I hope that I have this (together with the recently mentioned
> NSPredicate/NSExpression code) ready for publication within 4 weeks,
> i.e. FOSDEM. It already compiles without warnings - but I have not yet
> implemented everyhing and not tested.

I have copied a snapshot (sneak preview) on my server so that you can
already have a look at it.

http://www.quantum-step.com/download/mySTEP-src.tgz

New things in Foundation which could be of interest for GNUstep
integration:
* Foundation headers completely reviewed and should be 99.9% compatible
* NSStream & Friends (incl. NSSocketStream)
* NSRunLoop simplified since only NSStream is left over to use watchers
* NSFileHandle reworked to be based on NSStream
* NSPort, NSPortMessage, NSConnection reworked to be based on NSStream
* NSNetServices
* NSIndexPath
* NSHTTP* and NSURL* headers and some implementations

Please note that this all is neither complete nor tested - Foundation
just (cross-)compiles without errors and a limited number of warnings
on Xcode. AppKit even does not compile properly.

And, it is not directly compatible to the GNUstep source code
architecture and needs porting/integration work since my basis is an
older side-stream of GNUstep and not the most recent status.

Feedback is welcome.

Nikolaus