Re: Update: Windows, GMastermind2

From: Sheldon Gill
Subject: Re: Update: Windows, GMastermind2
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 09:00:37 +0800

Christopher Armstrong wrote:
I know I've certainly had alot of trouble with the Alphablending stuff.
I remember looking for some equivalent in GDIPlus (even a
non-native/slow one), but never finding one. I do remember changing the
bit depth of the screen made all the difference, as well as changing the
level of hardware acceleration in the "Troubleshooting" tab of the
Advanced graphics settings under Display properties.

There appears to be no useful equivalent that works under Windows. It
might have something to do with the way we render images using tiff/etc.

The problem isn't related to TIFF or any other file format. The problem isn't really Windows, either. Its because of the way the backend is architected and how it handles the image data. How to fix it is proving tricky.

Regards,
Sheldon