Re: Example for bitmap drawing

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: Example for bitmap drawing
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 01:38:35 +0000

> Does anyone have a primitive working example for drawing a TIFF image? I
> want to use standard drawing methods, such as NSBezierPath.
>
> I suppose there should be some combination of NSBitmapImageRep and
> NSGraphicsContext... But how? Is there any application doing that so I
> can look at the code?

I dont have a primitive example really, but what we always used to do
is to create an (offscreen) window, draw into that, and then intialise
an NSBitmapImageRep with the contnets of that window and write that out
as a TIFF. Works very nicely, and has the advantage that whilst developing
you can see what yoiu are deawing by moving your offscreen widnow onscreen :-)

-bat.