Re: GNUstep with Cairo backend problem

From: Chris Vetter
Subject: Re: GNUstep with Cairo backend problem
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 14:42:12 +0100

On 2006-02-18 02:57:04 +0100 Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> wrote:
Hi Chris, Chris B. Vetter wrote:
I tried both options, neither does work.
could you just expalin, what you mean by this? It does not work, with
the setting --disable-glitz? That's the one I am using myself, it should
work. Or wont enabling the compilation of XGCairoGlitzSurface help
anything? Then what is the error messsage?

I meant that whether you set --disable-glitz or not, back-cairo won't work (or to be more exact: I can't really say) because...

This I totally don't understand this report, but then you will really
need a current cairo and just now they switched over to git, to make it
even harder to get one :-)

... with back-cairo compilation will always fail due to an error message similar to
  "you need to specify #include "FILENAME" or #include <FILENAME>"
when trying to include any freetype related headers.

I'll send a more detailed error message when I next update -back. Right now I'm not going to update because the latest changes to base in SVN will break GNUMail. I almost lost two years worth of mail to that, which I cannot afford.

--
Chris