Re: Alt + mouseclicks or -movements doesn't work properly

From: Nikolaus Waxweiler
Subject: Re: Alt + mouseclicks or -movements doesn't work properly
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 13:47:00 +0100

Hi,

[...] is due to WindowMaker stealing the left Alt key for moving Windows.
It's not the window that gets moved around, it's the object I have selected in Gorm. When I drag around the resize-handles of an object, it just just gets resized no matter which modifier-key I pressed beforehand. It's like they're silently ignored. I mapped the mouse grab modifier to some other key already and disabled NumLock, but that doesn't work either.. As said, it's the same in twm.

What I normally have to do is Right-Alt+Shift+Drag to create a matrix.
Do you by "Right-Alt" mean "Alt-Gr", a.k.a. "Mod5 (Mode_switch)"? I have a German "Windows keyboards".