Re: NSStream and friends + NSPredicate, NSExpression and others

From: hns
Subject: Re: NSStream and friends + NSPredicate, NSExpression and others
Date: 16 Feb 2006 01:01:28 -0800

Christopher Armstrong schrieb:

> > 7. On Win32 there is no poll() but there is select().  Creating poll() like
> > functionality involves complicated tricks with WaitForMultipleObjectsEx().

> I think gnustep-base forgo compatibility with Windows 9x/Me anyway so
> the lack of good poll support may not be such a problem, especially
> considering the NT series of kernels offer much better IMHO

I think this won't be an issue then. My NSStream implementation is
based around NSRunLoop which encapsulates select(). And
NSStream/NSFileHandle uses read(), write(), open(), close(), connect(),
bind(), listen(), accept().

I think we should find a chance to discuss during FOSDEM how to
continue...

-- hns