Re: FOSDEM 2006

From: Jesse Ross
Subject: Re: FOSDEM 2006
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 22:16:00 -0600

But what was missing (compared to other projects) was to sell or
distribute
  - most recent brochures
  - CDs with debian and other prebuilt packages, plus recent source
tree
  - T-Shirts
  - Books
  - screen shots at the pin-board

<snip>

And for "book" we don't have one. Helge suggested to me to write one
and I have started to create a concept so that we have by next FOSDEM
some "GNUstep in a nutshell". I would volunteer as the editior and we
need some authors. Some chapters can be easily based on the slides
presented during FOSDEM 06. Ideas and volunteers welcome!

Great ideas!

If we do the book idea, I would certainly do whatever design/typesetting would be needed, and we might want to consider getting a bunch printed up on-demand style (a la CafePress) to sell -- shouldn't be too terribly expensive and we can always direct people to the site to purchase it if we sell out :)

J.