Re: Some bug reports and usability issues with GWorkspace.app

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: Re: Some bug reports and usability issues with GWorkspace.app
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 15:20:49 +0200

On 2006-03-13 01:34:09 +0200 Charles Philip Chan <cpchan@sympatico.ca> wrote:

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 14:50:27 +0200
Enrico Sersale <enrico@dtedu.net> wrote:

Hello Enrico:

Fixed on svn.

Close, but still no dice. The tabbed-shelf auto-hiding problem still
remains. Although now the finder will find symlinked directories in
the search directory, it will not recursively search them.

Thanks,
Charles

With "Fixed" I mean finder & symlinks, not the tabbed-shelf auto-hiding :-)
Regarding the tabbed-shelf: I can only say that I can't reproduce your problem
and that I've totally rewritten the two methods that hide and unhide the shelf;
if the problem remains I'd need more information; probably you should try to
modify the methods and see if/when something changes... (in
GWorkspace/TShelf/TShelfWin.m -animateShowing and -animateHiding).
Regarding the finder: I'm not sure if it should traverse the symlinked directories by default; what
do you think about adding a "follow symlinks" switch near "recursive"?