Re: libxml2.dll

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: libxml2.dll
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 17:35:15 +0000

On 16 Mar 2006, at 17:00, Marko Riedel wrote:

Hi folks,

I installed the libxml2 package from GNU Win32 and tried to build
startup-0.14, thinking I might have better luck than with startup-0.15.
However the configure script complains about a missing DLL, namely
libxml2.dll, which is not in the GNU Win32 package, which contains
libxml2.dll.a instead. Is there a way to use dlltool to create the DLL? Also I have considered compiling libxml2 and libxml2-devel myself, but I
could not find a TGZ or ZIP archive of libxml2-devel anywhere (I could
only find RPMs).

I'm not great on details of handling libraries in windows ... so I suggest you just follow a route known to work.

If you get the README.MinGW from the latest gnustep-make package, it tells you exactly which version of libxml to use, where to get it, and how to modify it so that it exports all the symbols the base library needs.