Questions about Fswatcher for Linux kernel 2.6.x

From: Charles Philip Chan
Subject: Questions about Fswatcher for Linux kernel 2.6.x
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 20:34:21 -0500

Hello Enrico:

I want to try test the new fswatcher for Linux kernel 2.6.x, however I
have a few questions:

(1) What rules should I put into /etc/audit.rules for GWorkspace.app?

(2) The log files generated by auditd is only readable by root- I
    can't seem to find an option for log file permissions. I manage to
    get it working for a while after changing the permission of the
    log file, however fswatcher dies when the log gets rotated.

Just out of curiously, why was auditd chosen instead of fam

     http://oss.sgi.com/projects/fam/index.html

or use d/inotify directly? The reason why I am asking this is because:

(1) Fam is well tested and included with all Linux distros and used by
    many software for a number of years while auditd is not.

(2) You are not kidding in one of your earlier posts- auditd slowed my
    system to a crawl.

Thanks,
Charles

--
/* Host controller interrupts must not be running while calling this
 * function or the penguins will get angry. */