Re: [NSEvent isARepeat]

From: Stephane Goujet
Subject: Re: [NSEvent isARepeat]
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:22:25 +0300 (EEST)

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

> >   I seem to have a problem with keyboard repeating. I never get a
> > positive answer from [NSEvent isARepeat].
> A quick look at the backend source code reveals (back/Source/x11/
> XGServerEvent.m) the line ...
> isARepeat: NO /* isARepeat can't be supported with X */
> So the X11 backends always set it to 'NO'

  Ah, well, then, of course...

> I have no idea whether the comment is really accurate ... but I guess
> the issue to look at is if/how you can determine whether a keypress
> is a repeat in X, and if it can be determined you need to provide a
> patch to do it.

  I might look for it, but, since I never made any X programming, I can
assume the person who wrote that knows better than I.

  Does someone have a ready workaround ?

  Or a ready solution for what I would like to achieve ?
I would like to know, when the mouse button is clicked, if some keys are
down at the same time. I saw some solutions if the keys are modifier keys,
but I want to checks the keys 1 to 9.

Goodbye,
         Stéphane.