Re: Window Maker weirdness

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Re: Window Maker weirdness
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 13:04:23 -0700

On 5/3/06, Andreas Höschler <ahoesch@smartsoft.de> wrote:
Hello all,

I have developed an app that behaves correctly when started with
openapp from a terminal. However, if I drag the icon onto the dock in
Window Maker, quit the app and start it by doubleclicking the icon in
the dock it behaves wrongly. Any idea what could be the problem here? I
guess the problem is related to [[NSWorkspace sharedWorkspace]
openFile:path] (not working), however I have no idea how to track this
down. Where is the NSLog ouput going to when an application is started
by doubleclicking a Window Maker dock item?

 The first thought comes to my mind is that you should check the
 command used in WindowMaker dock
 (right-click the icon, and choose inspector, I guess).
 By default, when you drag an application into WindowMaker dock,
 it will use the "command" property from xwindow appliction.
 For GNUstep application, say AnApplication.app,
 it is actually AnApplication.app/AnApplication.
 And it try to execute as an unix command.
 If that is the case, maybe you should change it to "openapp
AnApplication.app".
 If not, I have no idea. :)

 Yen-Ju

Thanks!