Re: POC / gcc

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: POC / gcc
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 02:43:44 +0100 (BST)

> > I think this provides a good and short answer:
> > http://www.oreillynet.com/cs/user/view/cs_msg/18544
> >

> Wow, just what I was looking for - thank you!
>
> Looks rather promising, however I'm still left wondering --
> from the article:
>
>   "Thirdly, rather simplified: no static typing of objects, no
>     protocols, etc."
>
> What else does "etc." represent?
>
> No static typing and no protocols kinda hurts -- anything else I
> should be aware of before I hop into a project using POC?

Yes ... POC implements a different language, incompatible with OpenStep.
:-)

Eg, you definitely can't compile GNUstep libraries using POC.

You would need to use POC's own foundation/base libraries, or write your
own from scratch.

Thanks

For Opera Telecom's latest news click here
"Opera Telecom – Partner of Vodafone, BT, and 02 – Offices in Australia,
Ireland, Italy, Kenya, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Tanzania, UK and USA –
one-stop shop solution including 3G Video, MMS, SMS, WAP, Web, IVR available
through Opera’s world-leading Dragon self-service platform."
This e-mail is intended for the above named only. It may contain private and
confidential information or material that is privileged. If it has come to you
in error you must take no action based upon it, nor must you copy or show it to
anyone. Please return the message immediately to postmaster The validity of any
pricing information contained herein is 30 days unless otherwise stated. E &OE.
Standard terms and conditions apply