ProjectCenter and Windows

From: Dr. Rolf Jansen
Subject: ProjectCenter and Windows
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 08:55:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am new to GNUstep. I managed to install GNUstep from the SVN tree on a
Windows XP box. Everything built and run almost fine. However, when I create
a test application project within ProjectCenter and try to bulld it with the
build button, then ProjectCenter cannot find the make utility and stalls.
The test project builds and runs perfectly when calling make within the
project directory. I tried to adjust the field build utility in the
Miscellaneous preferences to no avail. The problem seems that PC
automatically adds a base path, that does not exist.

Another problem is that PC keeps writing to the error log "Unsure how to
handle images with 16bit". Despite this error/warning everything seems to
display OK.

On a site note, I am also quite new to Windows, being a Mac user and
programmer since 1984. At the Mac site I am perfectly happy with Xcode and
Interface Builder. My intention is to port some of my old Mac GUI apps to
Cocoa and at the same time to GNUstep/Windows. Gorm seems to be a good
pendant to Interface Builder, but I think it might be a good idea to
complement ProjectCenter with an external editor, any suggestions?

I am also not perfectly happy with the MSys-Terminal. I am mainly missing
Copy/Paste and Drag/Drop features, like in the Mac OS X Terminal. Is there
possibly a better alternative out there, that at least understands
Copy/Paste?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Best regards

Rolf