Re: Cross-compiling & distributing Tools

From: hns
Subject: Re: Cross-compiling & distributing Tools
Date: 12 Jun 2006 01:07:57 -0700

> Though we develop on Mac OS X (due to the lovely Xcode), the native target
> for running code & distribution builds is GNU/Linux amd64.  Our other two
> targets are GNU/Linux i386 (i.e. 32 bit) and Win32 via mingw32.

Did you look how we did the same for mySTEP (a "clone" of GNUstep) to
develop on Xcode and run on a Linux/ARM embedded system?

We develop and compile a first phase with Xcode (this creates an .app
or .framework bundle with MacOS binary), and then call one makefile
from within an Xcode Shell Script Build phase to crosscompile and strip
the MacOS binary. The result can be sent through ssh to the embedded
system and runs there. Redirecting X11 back to the Mac allows even to
view the results...

You can find it at http://www.quantum-step.com/wiki.php?page=mySTEP and
http://www.quantum-step.com/download/sources/

Nikolaus Schaller