Re: cairo backend status

From: Rogelio Serrano
Subject: Re: cairo backend status
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 20:46:08 +0800

On 8/16/06, Pete French <pete@twisted.org.uk> wrote:
> What matters is that when i get a good idea, i turn on my pc then
> start typing.

What you need is a notebook and a pencil :-)

-bat. (or possibly plan9 which boots very fast as I recall)

a 5 mhz computer was made to do exactly this a long time ago. why cant
a 2 ghz pc do that now?

i have plan9 too but my linux box boots faster.

its the bios that is slow and sleep mode can be a workaround. the bios
is one big legacy hardware bug that can only be worked around by a
hideous  overengineered monster called ACPI sleep modes for now. its
the most complicated solution to a simple problem.

linuxbios is the solution to that bug called bios.

--
things i hate about my linux pc:

1. it takes more than a second to boot up
2. keeps asking about filenames and directories
3. does not remember what i was working on yesterday
4. does not remember all the changes i have ever made
5.cannot figure out necessary settings by itself